Hi,

Francisco Reverbel wrote:
>   http://www.ime.usp.br/~reverbel/iiop-container-invoker.tar.gz
>
> a preliminary implementation of an IIOP container invoker for JBoss.

This looks great.

Probably, we should commit this to contrib/iiop and integrate
with my code for RMI/IIOP mapping. My guess is that if
jacorb.jar is in the classpath, everything compiles fine. And
I don't think that jacorb.jar will disturb the ORB that comes
with JDK 1.4.

> The major restrictions of this preliminary implementation are:
>
>  1. Overloaded methods are not supported.

Supported in my RMI/IIOP mapping.

>  2. Methods with names differing only in case are not supported.

About to be supported. I'll commit support within an hour.

>  4. A CORBA naming server is required.

Currently, you set up an external process orbd
to handle this. We could probably do with adding
the name service to the IIOP MBean in
contrib/iiop/src/main/org/jboss/iiop/CorbaORBService.java.

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.