Well, I downloaded and compiled the Rabbit Hole release of JBoss today.
It's the first time I've built JBoss from scratch in about 6 months.  At any
rate, I thought I'd reflect a little on a couple of things, so that I can
save people the 30 minutes I spent figuring it out.

-You need v1.4beta of Ant.  The current release is v1.4beta2.
-Copy the jar file from "<your_jboss_dir>/tools/buildmagic-tasks.jar" into
the "lib" directory under Ant.

Once that's done, you can cd into "<your_jboss_dir>/build" and type "build".

I'm sorry if this is obvious to everyone on this list.  It wasn't for me,
though.  The directions for buildmagic say nothing about how to *install*
it.  And the build script contains the <record> tag, which is only supported
in v1.4beta1 and beyond.

-dan

--
Dan Kirkpatrick, Software Architect
Blue Lotus Software    +44 (0) 1224 575 985