Bill,

Thanks for the help.

I think what will probably happen is that we write several implementations of
our HttpSession object, with varying features and cost. Then the user will be
able to pay as they go - i.e. only take on the performance hit associated with
the particular feature set that they require.

I was thinking of a CMP bean as an initial naive and exploratory implementation
- I agree it would not be fast, but it would be simple and persistant.

I've had a very quick look at your stuff and it looks interesting.  It didn't
look like it did persistance, but then many people may wish to avoid that
overhead. There might well be room for an HttpSession object built on
technology like this.

When things get a little further I'll come back to you and we'll talk some
more. I'd like to get a really simple implementation out of the door so that I
understand the problem fully before I really launch into the ultimate solution.

Thanks for your mail,

Jules