From: Michel Halde
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 9/20/01 5:15 AM
Subject: Re: [JBoss-dev] Anyone has tried to make a non-hypersonic
connection  pool?

About sequence diagrams, ArgoUML is a free tool available at
www.argouml.org.

The free solution with Together is only valid for 30 days!

Michel Halde

David Jencks wrote:

> Thank you!
>
> I will add this to the docs, I'll try to find a way to make the
> mysql-service.xml file available directly, maybe in the examples... I
> haven't looked into how this is organized recently.
>
> There are some uml diagrams in the jca spec, but I don't always find
them
> clear.  I will look into finding a little time to make some for our
manual.
>  Do you know of a free tool that makes sequence diagrams?  I think
there's
> a free Together-j that makes class diagrams... there used to be
anyway.

> Looking forward to postgres!!
>
> Thanks again
> david jencks
>
> On 2001.09.20 13:01:22 -0400 Ignacio Coloma wrote:
> > Thanks, David.
> >
> > I still feel more or less lost in the Resource Adapter docs (a
little
> > more
> > of clarity in the dark, though). Could you please add any kind of
UML
> > diagram to help understanding the architecture?
> >
> > I enclose the service.xml file I have put together for mysql. Some
of the
> > params are (more or less) guessed, but it works. I'll start another
one
> > for
> > postgres this afternoon (GMT), and post it As Soon As It Works(tm).
> >
> > I'm not sure, but sniffing the code it seems that XA Transactions
are
> > supported in JBoss but not yet implemented as XADataSources (if I'm
wrong
> > correct me). The file that I'm enclosing use Local Transactions.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ignacio Coloma.
> > P.S.: Yes, I knew the diff between Enhydra and Hypersonic, but my
post
> > almost coincided with the Lutris crisis and made my mind a mess
while
> > writing it. Thanks for the point anyway :))
> > P.S2.: How do I contribute these files to the docs?

I'm
> > not
> > > >

> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> >

> > <!--
> > -->
> > <!--
> >  -->
> > <!--  foo App DataSource
> >  -->
> > <!--
> >  -->
> > <!--
> > -->
> >
> > <!-- $Id: foo-mysql-service.xml,v 1.0 2001/09/19 02:48:05 icoloma
Exp $
> > -->
> >

> > <server>
> >
> >   <depends>JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Naming</depends>
> >   <depends>JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=TransactionManager</depends>
> >
> >   <classpath archives="
> >        mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar,
> >        jbosscx.sar"/>
> >
> >   <!--
> > -->
> >   <!-- JDBC - Initialize the databases
> >   -->
> >   <!-- to ConnectionFactoryLoader
> >   -->
> >   <!--
> > -->
> >
> >   <mbean code="org.jboss.resource.ConnectionFactoryLoader"

name="DefaultDomain:service=ConnectionFactoryLoader,name=fooDS">
> >     <attribute
name="ManagedConnectionFactoryProperties">ConnectionURL=jdbc:mysql://loc
alhost/foo
> >       DriverClass=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
> >       UserName=</attribute>
> >     <attribute name="JndiName">fooDS</attribute>
> >     <attribute
name="TransactionManagerName">java:/TransactionManager</attribute>
> >     <attribute name="ResourceAdapterName">Minerva JDBC
LocalTransaction
> > ResourceAdapter</attribute>
> >     <attribute
name="RARDeployerName">JCA:service=RARDeployer</attribute>
> >     <attribute
name="ConnectionManagerFactoryName">MinervaSharedLocalCMFactory</attribu
te>

> >     <attribute name="ConnectionManagerProperties">#
> >       #Wed Aug 15 16:17:29 EDT 2001
> >       InvalidateOnError=false
> >       BlockingTimeoutMillis=500000
> >       IdleTimeoutMillis=1800000
> >       MaxSize=10
> >       TimestampUsed=false
> >       IdleTimeoutEnabled=false
> >       CleanupIntervalMillis=120000
> >       MinSize=0
> >       GCMinIdleMillis=1200000
> >       GCEnabled=false
> >       MaxIdleTimeoutPercent=1.0
> >     </attribute>
> >     <attribute name="PrincipalMappingClass">
> >       org.jboss.resource.security.ManyToOnePrincipalMapping
> >     </attribute>
> >     <attribute
name="PrincipalMappingProperties">UserName=</attribute>