Ok, so 20 or so e-mails later the summary ..

1) Right now if I want to use order I have to use declared-sql with an
order by clause but dain wants to add an order tag to the xml config file.

2) For dynamic queries I just use declared-sql and do my normal SQL
query. This could also be used if I had some strange SQL functions that
needed to be called.

3) For only retreiving a partial list I'll have to use the limit and
offset options in delcared-sql and then write some sort of wrapper
object that keeps track of the current offset in the table as well as a
limit size.

So, I'll take my declared-sql and crawl back under the rock I came from.

Dave