-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

yes.

>- All instances of org.jboss.system.URLClassLoader are created
>  with the system class loader as parent, as it has no constructor
>  to explicitly set another parent.

yes

>- org.jboss.system.URLClassLoader.loadClass(String, boolean)
>  delegates directly to the ServiceLibraries _without_ obtaining
>  an instance lock.

that is true, but remember that URLClassLoader.loadClass(String,boolean) may
be called
in any thread by the VM itself. The VM does that through the
f**cked up private synchronized
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternally(String). Hence the
respective URLClassLoader instance is locked and ServiceLibraries can run
into a race when
delegating back URLCLassLoader.loadClassLocally() to that respective
instance in another thread.

>Can the system class loader somehow end up calling the
>ServiceLibraries?

no and this is not the problem, see above.

CGJ