The shutdown hook started in the org.jboss.system.Shutdown(MBean) works
correct while invoking it throught ctrl-c ... invoking throught :8082 either
with a browser or jboss_init_redhat.sh using org.jboss.shutdown is failing
since the call is unreferencing the caller -chain while
stopping(/destroying/unloading) ...

So I do not stop/destroy/unload the MBeans needed for 8082 in a debug
shutdown class I am about to commit for Your comments/solutions ...

Right now i have a handle to all services from
ServiceController.getDeployed() in
org.jboss.system.Shutdown.shutdownServices() and are doing some logic there
... my findings *drive* towards separating the shutdown in *phases* and then
perhaps delegate from from shutdownServices() to :

Core                    (GPA)
Core Services           (MBeans)
Deployments             (AutoDeployer)

I am not shure if the shutdown hook should be installed as a MBean ? ...
maybe as a POJO in the main class ? ... eitherway We need to Map the
(un)dependecy logic ? ... somehow ...

The first undeployed should be the last -> first deployment (AutoDeployer)
Then undeploy depending on dependencies (MBeans)
The last undeployed should be the log
Then System.exit(0) will take care of GPA

There seem to be a fragmentation in how We behave in our MBeans with
stop/destroy/unload and naming semantics...
MQ seems to do some clean up in destroy and referencing Mbeans that then has
already stopped/destroyed ... and so on ... I need to look at this some more
... together with You all ! ...

our jboss-3.0.0alpha default 43 MBeans and the naming ! ...
as returned from ServiceController.getDeployed()
JCA:name=JmsXA,service=ConnectionFactoryLoader
:name=StdJMSPool,service=ServerSessionPoolMBean
:name=JBossMQProvider,service=JMSProviderLoader
JBossMQ:name=DLQ,service=Queue
JBossMQ:name=ex,service=Queue
JBossMQ:name=F,service=Queue
JBossMQ:name=E,service=Queue
JBossMQ:name=D,service=Queue
JBossMQ:name=C,service=Queue
JBossMQ:name=B,service=Queue
JBossMQ:name=A,service=Queue
JBossMQ:name=controlQueue,service=Queue
JBossMQ:name=testQueue,service=Queue
JBossMQ:name=bob,service=Topic
JBossMQ:name=example,service=Topic
JBossMQ:name=testTopic,service=Topic
JBossMQ:service=InvocationLayer,type=UIL
JBossMQ:service=InvocationLayer,type=OIL
JBossMQ:service=InvocationLayer,type=RMI
JBossMQ:service=InvocationLayer,type=JVM
JBossMQ:service=PersistenceManager
JBossMQ:service=StateManager
JBossMQ:service=Server
JBOSS-SYSTEM:name=DefaultDS,service=ConnectionFactoryLoader
JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Hypersonic
JCA:service=RARDeployer
J2EE:service=J2eeDeployer
JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=ContainerFactory
JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Mail
JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Jetty
JCA:name=MinervaXACMFactory,service=ConnectionManagerFactoryLoader
JCA:name=MinervaSharedLocalCMFactory,service=ConnectionManagerFactoryLoader
JCA:name=MinervaNoTransCMFactory,service=ConnectionManagerFactoryLoader
JMX:name=Connector,type=RMI
Adaptor:name=html
JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=AutoDeployer
JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=ClientUserTransaction
JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=TransactionManager
Security:name=JaasSecurityManager
Security:name=SecurityConfig
JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=JNDIView
JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Naming
JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Webserver

If You now anything about the above MBeans can You check the relevant
undeploy messages and dependencys ... when running the new ***debug***
org.jboss.system.Shutdown()

I am looking at ServiceController service name above
:name=StdJMSPool,service=ServerSessionPoolMBean
and the MBean Server service name (below) has it as
JBOSS-SYSTEM:name=StdJMSPool,service=ServerSessionPoolMBean

++

???

our jboss-3.0.0alpha default 95 MBeans and the naming ! ...
as returned from MBeanServer.queryNames(null, null)
 ZClassLoaders:id=1834657505
 ZClassLoaders:id=1024097707
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=AutoDeployer
 ZClassLoaders:id=-217826988
 ZClassLoaders:id=-1763317780
 ZClassLoaders:id=757739105
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=TransactionManager
 Security:name=JaasSecurityManager
 ZClassLoaders:id=-364644404
 ZClassLoaders:id=-28077840
 ZClassLoaders:id=1444653299
 JBossMQ:name=DLQ,service=Queue
 JBossMQ:name=bob,service=Topic
 ZClassLoaders:id=-884717210
 JBossMQ:name=controlQueue,service=Queue
 J2EE:service=J2eeDeployer
 ZClassLoaders:id=272735180
 ZClassLoaders:id=-1535629649
 ZClassLoaders:id=1150410981
 ZClassLoaders:id=-1848367062
 ZClassLoaders:id=-397132413
 ZClassLoaders:id=1117837941
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:spine=ServiceController
 JCA:name=MinervaNoTransCMFactory,service=ConnectionManagerFactoryLoader
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Jetty
 JBossMQ:service=PersistenceManager
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=JNDIView
 JBossMQ:service=InvocationLayer,type=UIL
 JBossMQ:name=B,service=Queue
 ZClassLoaders:id=749384218
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=ContainerFactory
 JBossMQ:service=StateManager
 JCA:name=JmsXA,service=ConnectionFactoryLoader
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Webserver
 ZClassLoaders:id=767188900
 JBossMQ:name=D,service=Queue
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:spine=ServiceLibraries
 Jetty:Jetty=0
 ZClassLoaders:id=-1676017461
 ZClassLoaders:id=757744871
 JBossMQ:name=testQueue,service=Queue
 ZClassLoaders:id=-1435351005
 JBossMQ:name=example,service=Topic
 ZClassLoaders:id=-1918247651
 ZClassLoaders:id=-1173593481
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Info
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:name=DefaultDS,service=ConnectionFactoryLoader
 JMImplementation:type=MBeanServerDelegate
 JBossMQ:name=F,service=Queue
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Hypersonic
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:type=Shutdown
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Mail
 JBossMQ:service=InvocationLayer,type=OIL
 JBossMQ:service=Server
 ZClassLoaders:id=-255765971
 Adaptor:name=html
 JBossMQ:service=InvocationLayer,type=JVM
 JMX:name=Connector,type=RMI
 JCA:name=MinervaXACMFactory,service=ConnectionManagerFactoryLoader
 ZClassLoaders:id=-1733376771
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=ClientUserTransaction
 ZClassLoaders:id=-858822424
 ZClassLoaders:id=1251785838
 ZClassLoaders:id=-647286175
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:spine=ServiceClassLoader
 ZClassLoaders:id=757742109
 ZClassLoaders:id=-1802790593
 ZClassLoaders:id=-1704732450
 ZClassLoaders:id=355443262
 ZClassLoaders:id=-839633995
 JCA:service=RARDeployer
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=ServiceDeployer
 ZClassLoaders:id=894298020
 ZClassLoaders:id=757734704
 JBossMQ:service=InvocationLayer,type=RMI
 ZClassLoaders:id=332652630
 ZClassLoaders:id=643879817
 JBossMQ:name=ex,service=Queue
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Naming
 ZClassLoaders:id=618377029
 ZClassLoaders:id=1008929138
 JBossMQ:name=A,service=Queue
 JCA:name=MinervaSharedLocalCMFactory,service=ConnectionManagerFactoryLoader
 ZClassLoaders:id=-164344006
 JBossMQ:name=E,service=Queue
 ZClassLoaders:id=-1824674805
 ZClassLoaders:id=-1084842115
 JBossMQ:name=testTopic,service=Topic
 Security:name=SecurityConfig
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:name=JBossMQProvider,service=JMSProviderLoader
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:name=StdJMSPool,service=ServerSessionPoolMBean
 JBossMQ:name=C,service=Queue
 ZClassLoaders:id=1442845140
 JBOSS-SYSTEM:service=Logging,type=Log4J
 ZClassLoaders:id=1335445824

names should return the same ? ...
(un)dependencys ? ...
where should the logic go ? ...

Its is clean now --lets make it squeeeeeeeekyyyyyy so ....

/peter_f