Hi Geeks

I just checked in the first interation of the JBoss Farm
into JBoss CVS. Please feel free to test it and give
me your feedback. Before you start testing check
JBoss server out and recompile.

To test it do the following:

1) take the farm-member-service.xml out of
    server/src/main/org/jboss/system
    and adjust the settings. Note that each member of
    the farm must adjust the local settings but the list
    of members must be equal on all members
2) put this adjusted file to the /deploy directory
3) remove a service (not crucial to the startup) and after
    the farm is started copy it into /deploy/farm (note that
    only services which have not local settings are possible

If HTML-Adaptor is available check the spine=FarmMember
MBean and if the service is deployed on each server. Due to
my limited hardware I could only test for two boxes.

Have fun

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andreas Schaefer
Senior Consultant