I'm assuming the properties based Principle would allow you to call
sessionContext.getCallerPrincipal() and then retreive certain properties
like companyId, branchId etc .... If you wanted to get this stuff out of
  the Database would you just not have to extend
DatabaseServerLoginModule and instead of creating a SimplePrincipal have
a PropertiesPrincipal with an addional method getProperty? There would
be no need for an addional Callback because you are still only getting
login and password. OverSimplification?