--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > Feature Requests
item #479793, was opened at

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376688&aid=479793&group_id=22866

> Category: Other
> Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole
>
> Initial Comment:
> With Tomcat 4.0, we have the first version of Tomcat
>
> that can really stand alone without Apache in front
> as
> a Web server.
>
> With the current Catalina support, there is no way
> configure SSL support for the Tomcat Web server.
> Since
> there is also no way to connect to Apache, this
> means
> the Tomcat4/JBoss bundle doesn't support SSL at all.
>
> It would be great to have this configurable, either
> in
> a seperate file or through the mbean itself... While
>
> Jetty is also a nice servlet container, it doesn't
> support the latest JSP and Servlet spec while
> Tomcat4

You are still correct about Jetty - but not for long.
Jetty-4.0.D0 has been released. Whilst not yet
implementing the full 2.3/1.2 spec, it is well on the
way. As soon as it begins to stabilise I shall do a
bundled JBoss/Jetty.

Cheers,

Jules