Hello!

I just wanted to know if somebody has a straight answer. I'm using JBoss 3.0
alpha with CMP 2.0.

The first time I reference let's say 10 Entity Beans after a JBoss restart it
takes approx. 5 seconds to retrieve data from them. The second and subsequent
requests to return data from the same 10 EBs take ~20ms. If I later request
data from some other 10 EBs for the first time it takes another 5 seconds.
I'm using commit option B. I watched the SQL that gets sent to database
(using Sybase's "ribo") and it is the same SQL sequence for the 1st time as
for the 2nd and subsequent requests, so this overhead is not from the
database.

I'm just curious what takes it so long (1/2 second for an EB) the first time
the EB's data is referenced. Is this the time it takes to create new instance
in the pool of EBs? Will this overhead go away after some time of running
when the number of instances reaches the pool's limit?

What I wanted to know is what is happening behind the scenes (I read from
time to time on this list about dynamic bytecode generation and similar but I
thought this was only used to create Proxies...).

Peter