On 2001.11.15 10:42:54 -0500 Julian Gosnell wrote:
> I assume that's what I am already doing..

I think so too

> but now assume that as well as altering the glue code,
> that lives as classes in the sar, I actually want to
> make changes to Jetty, and have them deployed into RH
> whilst it is running...
>
> I can
>
> 1. package a new Jetty jar in the jetty sar - ideal,
> but not supported ?
>
> 2. unpack my new jetty jar into the sar and deploy
> that - I assume that would work....

3. (with jars separate, not in jetty.sar, just a plain jetty-service.xml)
Remove the out of date jar, jetty-service.xml will suspend all its mbeans,
redeploy new jar, jetty-service.xml will automatically redeploy all its
mbeans.  This is supposed to work now, although I haven't tested it
extensively with the new mbean-refs in place.  If you try and find it
doesn't work PLEASE let me know.  I think at the moment just copying a new
jar over the old one doesn't work-- IMHO  notifying to undeploy old version
and redeploy new version is the job of the autodeployer, but I haven't had
a chance to update it yet.  It is also possible that you have to explicitly
undeploy the old jar with the ServiceDeployer.

Anyway I will try to find a few minutes to make jars go back in sars ;-)

david jencks