> Uncle. It seems that JBOSS is designed assuming that it has
> full control of creating tables.

This isn't really true.  JBossCMP makes the assumption that if the table
structure is not specified the Application Deployer does not care what the
structure is, as long as it runs.

I strongly recommend that before any application goes into production that
the database structure should be locked down (full specified), as the
defaults may change from version to version.

> Well in my case I already have a database already
> set up so my view of things is how do I stuff this database
> into JBOSS.
> I don't think it is worth the discussion which approach is right or
> wrong but, we should document the view jboss takes and then write
> appropriate documention for the other approach. Dain if you
> could get at
> DTD for jbosscmp-jdbc.xml I'll tidy up xdoclet and write some
> documentation for "I've got these tables now how do I do relations in
> JBOSS". This should eliminate this thread occurring over and
> over on the
>   user mailing lists.
>
> Dave

I agree, I have already started on an appendix to the JBossCMP docs that
specifies the default names.

-dain