David Jencks wrote:

> I tried looking into rdf a little bit since Rickard has been pushing it for
> mbean configuration, but as far as I have read (not very far) I don't see
> the point.  Is there an example of using rdf for something remotely
> resembling component configuration that might convince me quickly that this
> is a good idea?

AFAIK there are no good reasons to use RDF at all, apart from giving you
that feel-good feeling and a voice in the back of your head saying
"you're gonna be glad for this some day".

RDF is not an easy sell if you're always looking at single examples.
It's when you get more stuff into RDF that you can do interesting
things, since a large part of it revolves around semantic deductions.

Oh yeah, now I remember, Mozilla uses RDF for all of their stuff. I
believe they have a couple of "this is how it went" docs as well at
their site (mozilla.org).

I'm gonna try and use RDF for as much as possible in my future projects.
At some point critical mass is reached and you can do all sorts of funky
stuff. Hey, it's only XML anyway, so no loss if nothing good comes out
of it.

/Rickard

--
Rickard Öberg