> From: "marc fleury" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "Jason Dillon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>       "Allen Fogleson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: [JBoss-dev] JBoss 3.0 Demo App
> Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 20:28:56 -0500
>
> hey,
>
> where would you guys see the link for petstore, I am drawing
> a blank on
> where it would fit on the current website, maybe under downloads?
> documentation? (just to make sure people can see it running)
> under "success
> stories"... I dont know any ideas?
>
> marcf

Hey, I agree with other posters that it would be better if JBoss had
specialized application components, similar to the examples you have now.
They would cover sections of development, JMX, JMX, Javamail, 1 Entity EJB,
Session + Entity EJB, JAAS, etc.  This is similar to what many of the
proprietary distributions have and it's tremendously more helpful than the
PetStore application (something I find that hurts many prospective EJB
developers who follow its patterns too closely).  I've been doing this J2EE
stuff since '99 and not once have I been asked to write a store front or
work on "eCommerce".  It's always been replacing exisitng client-server
applications or mainframe applications.  We're writing applications that
just happen to use the web browser as a front-end.

JBoss examples would probably do well trying to show how to best use JBoss
in particular instances.  This would help would-be JBoss developers better
understand the nuances of the application server.

Just an idea,

Jesse