Bugs item #489294, was opened at 2001-12-05 00:58
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=489294&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v2.4 BETA (stable)

Initial Comment:
I encountered this problem in JB 2.4.2-TC-3.2.1
( not sure with tomcat ) and tested it with
JB-244/TC-3.2.4

Problem can be reproduced really easy:

1. Take JSP which includes another jsp
via <jsp:include>.

2. Put it under security control.

3. Put following in cour jsp:

<%= SecurityAssociation.getPrincipal().toString() %>
before <jsp:include>
And place it also after <jsp:include>

4. Watch those funny null pointer errors, and try to
find where they come, and what they mean.

Conclusion:
with Principal stored SecurityAssociation == null
you can forget about security stuff while calling
your EJB - they get no principal and no roles
propagated to them.

Why it happens ( my humble option ):

<jsp:include> issues some kind of subrequest, so
JBossSecurityMgrRealm.postService() is called.
It resets any security setting.

PS: I need a quick solution. ASAP, if possible

I'm not sure I can fix it myself the right way.
Was principal zeroing good for something?
Can I subclass JBossSecurityMgrRealm and
disable this behaviour?

What would happen then?