Subject with the resource adaptor mapped credentials. I'll have to
go over the JCA spec JAAS usage examples again to see what if any
policy is recommended.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Jencks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 1:25 PM
Subject: [JBoss-dev] Where to put Principal Mappings for resource adapters?

> --RH 3.0 only--
>
> I want to implement the other 2 principal mappings we need for resource
adapters -- impersonation (using the j2e logon as the adapter login) and
mapping (mapping the j2ee logons to more than one adapter login) (I think I
got the names right ;-))

> Scott mentioned a while back that he wanted to move these  security
aspects out of the connector code and into  the security domain.

> So, I'm wondering how to proceed.  The simplest solution I have thought of
is to make the principal mapper an mbean separate from a
ConnectionFactoryLoader, and include a (depends) reference in the
ConnectionFactoryLoader to the PrincipalMapping mbean it needs.

> So the configuration would look like this:
>
> <mbean code="org.jboss.resource.ConnectionFactoryLoader"...>
>    <depends
optional-attribute-name="PrincipalMapping">jboss.security:name=myPrincipalMa
pping</depends>
> </mbean>
>
> and one of
>
> <mbean code="org.jboss.resource.security.ManyToOnePrincipalMapping"
name="jboss.security:name=myPrincipalMapping">
>   <attribute name="UserName">me</attribute>
>   <attribute name="Password">MySecret</attribute>
> </mbean>
>
> or
>
> <mbean code="org.jboss.resource.security.ImpersonationPrincipalMapping"
name="jboss.security:name=myPrincipalMapping">
> </mbean>
>
> or
> <mbean code="org.jboss.resource.security.ExplicitPrincipalMapping"
name="jboss.security:name=myPrincipalMapping">
>   <attribute name="Mapping"><mapping>
>     <mapping-element j2ee-name="joe">
>       <user-name>me</user-name>
>       <password>MySecret</password>
>     </mapping-element>
>     <mapping-element j2ee-name="fred">
>       <user-name>me</user-name>
>       <password>MySecret</password>
>     </mapping-element>
>     <mapping-element j2ee-name="steve">
>       <user-name>you</user-name>
>       <password>yourSecret</password>
>     </mapping-element>
>     </mapping>
>   </attribute>
> </mbean>
>

> Any comments? Is there a better way to do this? Is there any chance
someone would use an explicit map like this with all the resource passwords
in a plain text file?  Where else could they come from?  Does the  jaas spec
explain enough about Kerberos in java to make implementing that reasonably
straightforward?