Bugs item #508185, was opened at 2002-01-24 14:56
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=508185&group_id=22866

Category: JBossMQ
Group: v2.4 (stable)

Initial Comment:
We're running JBoss 2.4.4 on both Linux and Win 2K and
XP. When we run it on the windows platform using
durable subscriptions we give our durable subscription
an assigned name which includes the date (which
contains colons).

Filenames under windows cannot contain the colon
character and since we're using the default persistence
manager (rollinglogged) it tries to create the filename
containing the durable subscriptions assigned name,
which fails to create the file.

I'm not sure if it should be the PM's job to make sure
that topic names and assigned names(which both go into
the filename) should work on all platforms but I though
I'd mention the issue.

I've also pasted in my exchange with Hiram about the
matter.

Thanks,
Todd

Here's Hirams email to me:

Cool, I'm glad things are working well for you once again.

But I still think that it's a JBossMQ PM bug.  Topics
have no restrictions
on the characters that are used.  If you were using the
JDBC PM you would
not run into this problem (no naming restrictions in
that PM).  So
therefore, that file based PM you were using needs to
encode the topic name
so that illegal characters don't appear in the file names.

I would stil submit a bug report if I were you :)
(just past this e-mail
into the report)

Regards,
Hiram