Bugs item #511461, was opened at 2002-01-31 14:50
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=511461&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole

Initial Comment:
SuSE Linux 7.3 with kernel 2.4.16
JDK 1.4.0beta3
JBoss from CVS as of today.

JBoss redeploys my stale .ear file.

I do the following:

Start JBoss (There are exceptions while starting, but
these appear to be related to JmsXA, I don't recall
seeing them when using JDK 1.3.1)

Deploy application (with .jar, .war and
application.xml)

(Application is deployed, without any error messages.)

Change something in the deployment-descriptor, such
as comment out a session bean.

Rebuild the .ear and redeploy.

The application appears to be cycled, but the changes
aren't there; the session bean commented out from the
deployment-descriptor is still deployed.

Restart of JBoss deploys the correct version.

This is rather troublesome, as it makes developing on
jboss a bit timeconsuming.. :-/  I experience the
same problem when doing changes in the code of my
beans.

This bug turned up rather recently, I've been
developing my application against the latest CVS for
a while now, I can't recall experiencing similar
problem some days ago. (It has worked after the
Unified Deployer was committed.)