From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jung , Dr. Christoph
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 9:06 AM
To: 'Jboss-Development ([EMAIL PROTECTED])'
Subject: AW: [JBoss-dev] Web-Inf Deployment and MainDeployer

Hi,
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: marc fleury [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2002 20:55
An: Jung , Dr. Christoph; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: RE: [JBoss-dev] Web-Inf Deployment and MainDeployer

I don't understand this patch but I will do it, its ok

instead of complaining about non-jar urls (directory) in the DeploymentInfo.localUrl, the WebContainer will simply take them as they are (not trying to extract web-inf classes).

The second patch splits the current MainDeployer.deploy(DeploymentInfo) method into two phases. A first phase that just creates classloaders and registers the deployment and a second phase that performs the actual deploy at the target deployers. This ensures that, e.g., if you have an ear consisting of an ejb-jar and a

Deploy is ALREADY split into two phases init and deploy.  It was done for the ear.  Can you make sure you can't fit your stuff in Init/start as opposed to going to a 3 phase creation?

Oh, I did not touch the actual Deployer´s structure. It´s just the Maindeployer.deploySubPackages that needs a split while treating the subdeployments ... Classloader creation must happen already in the first loop that collects the jarentries and sets up DeploymentInfos such that all classes are already available for the upcoming init/deploy calls of the actual Deployers, no matter in what order.

I have attached the full files this time, because diffs are difficult to read (and my comments even more, I know).

CGJ