Jason,

You can link to other packages like this:

[dim@host63 javadoc]$ javadoc -d docs/ \
> -linkoffline http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/ \
> . src/Test.java

and in the current directory have a file called package-list that contains
all the packages you want to link to that url.

alternatively, if you want to require your users to be online at the time of
generation, you can do:

[dim@host63 javadoc]$ javadoc -d docs/ \
> -link http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/ src/Test.java

which will dynamically suck down the package-list file from the url.

cheers
dim

ps - this is from
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg13894.html