There's been some discussion of finding things in jndi and in jmx via
obejct name queries, and we currently have quite a few mbeans that end up
binding themselves or an object they control into jndi.

I think we can provide a generic way of dealing with this situation using
the interceptor stack based model mbean implemention the jbossmx guys are
building.

We put an interceptor in the mbean stack that looks at the object name, and
if it has a key - value pair JndiName=blabla/bla, when start goes by asks
the object implementing the mbean behavior for the object to bind in jndi
and binds it, and when stop goes by unbinds it.  If there is no
"getJndiObject" method, it would bind the object itself.  We could use
descriptors to indicate if the object should be bound in serialized form,
using an object factory, or both*.

Another similar interceptor could be used to bind LocalHomes, although this
seems less clean and more special purpose.

I think this would mean we'd only need one ObjectFactory implementation
server-wide.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is an overly cute application of aspects or a
really good idea, but I thought I'd mention it. Any comments?

Thanks
david jencks

* explanation of the "both": For ejb proxies, this "both" choice would
provide  "no deserialization" for local access and "no serialization" for
remote access. Right now local lookups of a home interface (as opposed to a
localhome interface) deserializes a proxy.  If we bound the proxy using an
object factory, remote calls would each require serialization of the looked
up object.  We should bind both a serialized version for remote access and
using an ObjectFactory for local access.