Bugs item #517062, was opened at 2002-02-13 11:06
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=517062&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v2.4 (stable)

Initial Comment:
The free and otherwise decent Microsoft JDBC Driver
for SQL Server 2000 (they've licensed Merant's driver)
has a limitation that requires that 'TEXT' fields be
retrieved from ResultSets in the order that they're
specified in the SELECT statement.

JAWS composes the SELECT statement based on the order
that CMP fields are returned from a Hashtable
(effectively an undefined order), but moves primary
key fields to be the first columns in the SELECT
statement.

(See http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-
bin/viewcvs.cgi/jboss/jboss/src/main/org/jboss/ejb/plug
ins/jaws/jdbc/JDBCLoadEntityCommand.java?annotate=1.18
lines 214-242).

On retrieval, however, it doesn't retrieve the primary
key columns first, it retrieves them in the Hashtable
order.  Is there any reason for this, or can I submit
a patch that causes the retrieval order to match the
SELECT column order?

There are numerous workarounds, from changing the name
of the pk columns until the hash causes them to come
out first (a flaky hack) to changing the JDBC driver,
but this since the Microsoft driver is likely to be
come the default for SQL Server installations it
strikes me as an important compatability issue.

Incidentally, lines 215-221 don't seem to have any
effect, nor have they done since they were written.
Am I just on crack?