The problems with auto-jcml stuff was that it tried to merge two sets of
configuation data, one set that user maintained and another that was
application maintained.  Maintain both sets of data was tricky and error
prone.

So my thoughts are, we need to be able to support:
1. manual service configuration system (what we have today)
2. automatic configuration system (Modified by a config-tool, JMX??)

And for a given service, you can't mix the options.  So if we had a jboss
that supported both of these options, this is what I image the config would
look like:

/conf/jboss-service.xml : Same as today except that in addition to the
URLDeploymentScanner it would have a Scanner that would deploy the services
setup by the config-tool.
/db/config-tool : would hold a database of the config-tool managed services.
/deploy : would hold *-service.xml files like it does today.

This config-tool thing would need to be able to import existing
*-service.xml files into it's database.  It would need to be able to
transparently update it's database when MBean attributes are changed.
And there's probably a ton of other things this config-tool based service
configutation system needs to do.  What I just wanted point out is that it
should be able to co-exist with the current system, and that giving users
raw access to the data file should not be allowed.

Regards,
Hiram