Looking over the last bit of this doc about Xids and JBossTX...

"JBossTX starts the global ID numbering from 1 each time it runs, so the global IDs
are not very unique. Needless to say, this could stand some improvement."

Why don't we use a org.jboss.util.id.UID or org.jboss.util.GUID here for better
uniquness?

Also, it refers to Tyrex, which has been integrated for a while.  Does anyone know
what the status of Tyrex is? Is it still being maintained? Is is a better TX manager?
If so, why don't we make it the default?

--jason
* * *