Title: Nachricht
Hi there,

in the jboss.net module, we currently play around with establishing secure https access to remote UDDI registries.

Unfortunately, we seem to have problems installing the https handlers inside the jsse.jar in the default URL.getStreamHandler(String protocol) logic.

We do -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol at startup, but we get a no such protocol inside our jboss-.net.sar each time
which I contribute to a f**cked up Class.forName() call in the getStreamHandler() method seeking for the damned classes just inside the rt.jar.

*Bummer* I´m thinking about that classloading stuff ALL THE TIME. There must be something else in Java than classloading. *Sigh*

Now we have a workaround, but we do not want to type new URL("https","localhost",42,"myFile",new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.Handler()) and
depending our code agains jsse.jar instead of simply writing new URL("https://localhost:42/myFile").

Has anyone already seen this problem and knows how to resolve it?

Should we  write and install a JBoss-specific URLStreamHandlerFactory in the spine such that we can do the protocol extensions by ourselves and using Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().loadClass() approach once for all modules?

CGJ