Bugs item #554653, was opened at 2002-05-10 12:54
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=554653&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole

Initial Comment:
0RC1_tomcat-4.0.3/server/default/conf/
12:52:02,022 INFO  [Server] Server Library URL:
file:/D:/jboss/server30/jboss-3.0
.0RC1_tomcat-4.0.3/server/default/lib/
12:52:02,037 INFO  [Server] Starting General Purpose
Architecture (GPA)...
12:52:03,397 INFO  [Log4jService] Started
12:52:03,412 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java version:
1.3.1,Sun Microsystems Inc.
12:52:03,412 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java VM: Java HotSpot
(TM) Client VM 1.3.1-b24,Sun
 Microsystems Inc.
12:52:03,428 INFO  [ServerInfo] OS-System: Windows NT
4.0,x86
12:52:03,522 INFO  [ServiceController] Controller
MBean online

I am getting the following exception when passing in a
remote object to an EJB call. EventReceiver is the
callback object that I am passing into the bean. This
code works fine with JBoss 2.4.4 just not with 3.0. I
should also note that remote objects returned by an
EJB call work fine it is only when I am passing in a
remote object.

Also, with 3.0 am I required to rmic my remote objects
and ejbc my beans?

Thanks,

Steve Wolfangel
MetaMatrix

java.rmi.MarshalException: error marshalling
arguments; nested exception is:
        java.io.NotSerializableException:
com.metamatrix.server.serverapi.callback.EventReceiver

java.io.NotSerializableException:
com.metamatrix.server.serverapi.callback.EventReceiver

        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject
(ObjectOutputStream.java:1148)

        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject
(ObjectOutputStream.java:366)

        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputClassFields
(ObjectOutputStream.java:1827)

        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteObject
(ObjectOutputStream.java:480)

        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject
(ObjectOutputStream.java:1214)

        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject
(ObjectOutputStream.java:366)

        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputArray
(ObjectOutputStream.java:1098)

        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.checkSubstitutableSpecialCla
sses(ObjectOutputStream.java:456)

        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject
(ObjectOutputStream.java:361)

        at org.jboss.invocation.MarshalledValue.<init>
(MarshalledValue.java:48)

        at
org.jboss.invocation.MarshalledInvocation.writeExternal
(MarshalledInvocation.java:317)

        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject
(ObjectOutputStream.java:1172)

        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject
(ObjectOutputStream.java:366)

        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.marshalValue
(UnicastRef.java:268)

        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke
(UnicastRef.java:106)

        at
org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker_Stub.invok
e(Unknown Source)

        at
org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.interfaces.JRMPInvokerProxy.i
nvoke(JRMPInvokerProxy.java:128)

        at
org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke
(InvokerInterceptor.java:108)

        at
org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke
(TransactionInterceptor.java:73)

        at org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke
(SecurityInterceptor.java:76)

        at
org.jboss.proxy.ejb.StatelessSessionInterceptor.invoke
(StatelessSessionInterceptor.java:111)

        at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke
(ClientContainer.java:96)

        at $Proxy3.submitRequest(Unknown Source)

        at
com.metamatrix.server.apiimpl.MetaMatrixServerConnectio
nImpl.submitRequest
(MetaMatrixServerConnectionImpl.java:527)

        at
com.metamatrix.server.apiimpl.QueryImpl.executeInternal
Asynch(QueryImpl.java:388)

        at
com.metamatrix.server.apiimpl.QueryImpl.executeInternal
Synch(QueryImpl.java:291)

        at
com.metamatrix.server.apiimpl.QueryImpl.execute
(QueryImpl.java:190)

        at
com.metamatrix.querybuilder.ui.views.MetadataTreeModel.
setUpModel(DataNodesView.java:83)

        at
com.metamatrix.querybuilder.ui.views.MetadataTreeModel.
<init>(DataNodesView.java:74)

        at
com.metamatrix.querybuilder.ui.views.DataNodesView.crea
teComponent(DataNodesView.java:28)

        at
com.metamatrix.querybuilder.ui.views.SQLQueryView.creat
eComponent(SQLQueryView.java:111)

        at
com.metamatrix.querybuilder.ui.ViewFactory.createView
(ViewFactory.java:28)

        at
com.metamatrix.querybuilder.ui.QueryTabSpace.createComp
onent(QueryTabSpace.java:44)

        at
com.metamatrix.querybuilder.ui.ViewController.startView
(ViewController.java:376)

        at
com.metamatrix.querybuilder.main.QueryBuilderMain.start
View(QueryBuilderMain.java:64)

        at
com.metamatrix.querybuilder.main.QueryBuilderMain.init
(QueryBuilderMain.java:48)

        at
com.metamatrix.querybuilder.main.QueryBuilderMain.main
(QueryBuilderMain.java:29)