Bugs item #555070, was opened at 2002-05-12 20:49
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=555070&group_id=22866

Category: JBossCMP
Group: CVS HEAD

Initial Comment:
The CREATE statement to create a new table in a MySQL datasource does
not quote the tablename nor the column names. This causes problems
when tables are created with names corresponding to MySQL reserved
words. For example: when deploying an entity bean called "Group",
JBoss trace
shows:

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Could
not deploy njar:file:/C:/Java/jboss-
3.0.0RC2/server/
default/tmp/deploy/server/default/deploy/rcontrol.ear/80.rcontrol.ear^/nntp-
bingrab.jar; - nested th
rowable:
(org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error while
creating table; - nested throwable:
(java.sql.SQLException:
Syntax error or access violation: You have an error in your SQL
syntax near
'Group (id VARCHAR(255) BINARY NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT
pk_Group PRIMARY KEY (id))' at line 1))

When I directly enter
this CREATE statement on the MySQL command-line, I get the same
error, whilst when I surround them by quotes (`) the table is created
correctly.

OS: Win2000
JDK: 1.3.1
JBoss 3.0 RC2