Bugs item #556262, was opened at 2002-05-15 09:12
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=556262&group_id=22866

Category: JBossCMP
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole

Initial Comment:
I am using 3.0 RC2.
Win2000
Sun JDK1.3.1

I have a simple entity ejb that persists fine to the
database (and is loaded ok).

When I add getter and setter methods for an attribute
of primitive type char, ie the following:

public abstract char getCharField();
public abstract void setCharField(char c);

and also to the local interface:

public char getCharField();
public void setCharField(char c);

and then do a findAll() on the local home interface, I
get the following exception:

(jboss seems to be looking for a class called
java.lang.Char which clearly does not exist.)

Here is the stack trace:

14:24:35,774 ERROR [LogInterceptor]
TransactionRolledbackException, causedBy:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Char
at $Proxy120.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native
Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.newProxyInstance
(Proxy.java:562)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalContainerInvoker.g
etEntityEJBLoc
alObject(BaseLocalContainerInvoker.java:201)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalContainerInvoker.g
etEntityLocalC
ollection(BaseLocalContainerInvoker.java:210)
at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.findLocal
(EntityContainer.java:613)
at
org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invo
keHome(EntityC
ontainer.java:1116)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractInterceptor.invokeHome
(AbstractIntercep
tor.java:73)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntitySynchronizationInterceptor.
invokeHome(Ent
itySynchronizationInterceptor.java:230)
at
org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionIn
terceptor.invo
keHome(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:176)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntityInstanceInterceptor.invokeH
ome(EntityInst
anceInterceptor.java:134)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntityLockInterceptor.invokeHome
(EntityLockInte

Please note I do not have to add anything to the
mapping in ejb-jar.xml, or jbosscmp-jdbc.xml
corresponding to the new char attribute to reproduce
this!
Just adding it to the ejb seems to do the trick.
This makes me think it's not actually a problem with
the cmp implementation but with the proxy code. (??)

I can reproduce this on any of my ejbs by adding such
a char attribute, when I remove the attribute the
entity persists fine.

Please note again, that the field is NOT referenced
ANYWHERE in the mapping files, hence I have not
included those.