On 2002.06.18 14:44:36 -0400 marc fleury wrote:
> |It won't do multiple languages yet AFAIK, but how about using the xmbean
> |functionality?  You can put the descriptions in your source files and
> |generate the xmbean xml descriptors using xdoclet.  I don't know if
> jetty
>
> That's really cool, does it support initial values for the attributes as
> well?

Not yet AFAIK, it would require a special attribute interceptor.  Right now
its metadata only, no actual data.

There's another subtask to generate skeleton *-service.xml files.  This
would be pretty trivial to modify to include default values.  I think of
the xmbean descriptor as part of the mbean definition ATM, and the values
in *-service.xml as part of the configuration.

I guess if we put initial values in the xmbean descriptor then the
service.xml only needs a list of what mbeans to deploy.  It would mean that
xmbean descriptors were unique to an mbean instance rather than a class.

This starts to look a little like something Juha was talking about,
separating which mbeans are in the server from their configuration.

david jencks