Could someone please explain to me the default behavior in the following
scenario?

I create a transacted Session, receive a single message from a Queue, I DONT
COMMIT, and I terminate my client.

That message remains in the Queue, but cannot be received by any other
Session.

If I restart JBOSS, the message can then be received by some other Session.

Is this what is supposed to happen? Is there any way that I can receive that
Message again in a different Session without having to restart JBOSS?
and/or, is this a bug?

The same situation exists if I fail to call acknowledge from a non
transacted session.

I am the same person who sent out the bug saying that session.recover()
calls session.rollback() even though it cannot do that due to the if
statements that are set up in each method. No one has had a chance to fix
that bug yet.