Bugs item #573192, was opened at 2002-06-24 18:12
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=573192&group_id=22866

Category: JBossCMP
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole

Initial Comment:
Dain,

something broke between JDBCUtil.java 1.9 and 1.9.2.1
in relation to persisting java.math.BigDecimal (and
quite likely other types).

I have a CMP bean with a mapping of a
java.math.BigDecimal <-> NUMERIC in the DB ( PostgreSQL
7.1 w/ PostgreSQL type mapping). With JBoss 3.0.1RC1
from 06-13 my Bean successfully persisted the value in
the DB and read it back correctly:

--< snip >--
2002-06-24 16:56:44,789 TRACE
[org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.bridge.JDBCCMP2xFieldBridge.Shipment.actualWeight]
Get result: index=3, javaType=java.math.BigDecimal,
Object, value=1234.567
--< /snip >--

after upgrading to newest 3.0.1 CVS version I get an
exception:

--< snip >--2002-06-24 17:33:20,154 ERROR
[org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor]
TransactionRolledbackException, causedBy:
java.sql.SQLException: Unable to load to deserialize
result: java.io.StreamCorruptedException: InputStream
does not contain a serialized object
»···at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCUtil.convertByteArrayToObject(JDBCUtil.java:603)
»···at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCUtil.getResult(JDBCUtil.java:310)

(more follows but is not relevant IMHO)
--< /snip >--

downgrading JDBCUtil 1.9.2.1 to JDBCUtil 1.9 solves the
problem (i.e. the BigDecimal is stored / restored
correctly).

If you need more info pls. drop me a note. Sorry for
the high priority level but I think this is urgent.