Bugs item #593047, was opened at 2002-08-09 09:26
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=593047&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole

Initial Comment:
I'm using Jetty as my servlet container

I created a resource-ref inside my web.xml like this one:

    <resource-ref>
        <description></description>
        <res-ref-name>jdbc/repsrv</res-ref-name>
        <res-type>javax.sql.Datasource</res-type>
        <res-auth>CONTAINER</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

please note that Container is in uppercase an is not
equals to "Container" (the web.xml dtd for servlet 2.2
says that the values must be CONTAINER)

when I deploy the war file JBoss install it
souccesfully but "jdbc/repsrv"is not bound t the JNDI
context.

JBoss doen't notify that there is an error in the
web.xml file.

I debugged the problem and found that in the class
"org.jboss.web.AbstractWebContainer" line 883 there is
an empty "catch" that makes that the exception
information became lost.

I debugged JBoss release 3.0