You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376687&aid=595451&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole

Initial Comment:
I found MainDeployer failed to deploy jars in an ear
even though I declared them in Class-Path of the
MANIFEST.MF.

Environment
==========
OS: Windows 2000 SP2
JDK: 1.4.0_01
JBoss: 3.0.1

How to Reproduce
===============
 I  put the test.jar in the next structure but the jar
was never deployed:

  META-INF/
     MANIFEST.MF   # added Class-Path: test.jar
     applications.xml
  other.war
  test.jar

Please note I didn't specify the test.jar in the
application.xml because the jar meant to be a dependent
library in that example.

Warning Message
===============
MainDeployer always throws an exception in
parseManifestLibraries method with a warning message
"The manifest entry in ... which could ot be opend,
entry ignored".

The log showed the deployment lib url in the message
but the url doesn't actually exist.

Patch
=====
I did a quick hack to the line as follows:

RCS file:
/cvsroot/jboss/jboss-system/src/main/org/jboss/deployment/MainDeployer.java,v
retrieving revision 1.44
diff -r1.44 MainDeployer.java
903c903
<                   lib = new URL(sdi.url, tk);
---
>                    lib = new
File(sdi.localUrl.getPath() + "-contents", tk).toURL();

This patch works for jar deployment in ears but it
still throws exceptions for server/defalut/lib/*.jar
with the patch.

Related Discussion
http://www.jboss.org/forums/thread.jsp?forum=47&thread=13328&message=3709799&q=MANIFEST+3.0#3709799

I know my patch is dirty.