Hi,

I need some help or ideas on what to do with the
exception test in the testsuite.

Problem started when the server was changed so that
deployments fails when a bean does not pass verification
(strict verification).

The local interface of the ExceptionTester bean had
three methods that threw RemoteException.
That violates section 7.10.7 (bullet 2), so I have
changed these local interface methods to no longer throw
this exception.

But then comes another problem: The bean implementation
declares these three business methods to throw
RemoteException, so now section 7.10.7 (last bullet) is
violated.
And I cannot change these bean implementation methods
to no longer throw RemoteException, because they _do_
need to throw this exception.

I do not like to remove these tests from the test case,
since running them on a server with strict verification
disabled exposes bug #598146 (RemoteException thrown
from a bean implementation method is passed out through
the local interface). I fixed that bug in CVS HEAD.

Basically my problem is that there is no way to write
a test for bug #598146 without violating EJB 2.0,
section 7.10.7 - and if that is violated, the test
bean does not deploy.

On the other hand, IMHO, this strict verification is
a Good Thing(TM), and I would like it to be enabled by
default.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.