Bugs item #581847, was opened at 2002-07-15 21:42
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=581847&group_id=22866

Category: JBossSOAP
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole

Initial Comment:
System Info:
21:12:20,813 INFO  [Server] JBoss Release: JBoss-3.0.0
CVSTag=JBoss_3_0_0
21:12:29,812 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java version: 1.4.0,Sun
Microsystems Inc.
21:12:29,813 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java VM: Java
HotSpot(TM) Server VM 1.4.0-b92,Sun Microsystems Inc.
21:12:29,814 INFO  [ServerInfo] OS-System: SunOS 5.8,sparc
This is JBoss with Tomcat.
I'm using a slightly altered version of the original
jboss-net.sar (replaced AxisService to fix the /axis/*
context root problem with Catalina)

<ejb-link> in <ejb-ref> in web-service.xml doesn't work
propertly. If I enter the <bean-name> here (that's what
I think belongs here), then it doesn't work
(NamingException on the client side saying that
UppercaseService is not bound). If I enter the JNDI
name, it works.
I expect this bug to be reproducible if the JNDI name
in jboss.net.sample.hello.ejb.HelloBean is changed to
something else than Hello.

Excerpt from web-service.xml:
  <ejb-ref>
    <ejb-ref-name>ejb/UppercaseService</ejb-ref-name>
    <!-- <ejb-link>UppercaseService</ejb-link> *DOESN'T
WORK* -->
    <ejb-link>local/oois/demo/UppercaseService</ejb-link>
  </ejb-ref>

  <service name="Uppercase" provider="Handler">
    <parameter name="handlerClass"
value="org.jboss.net.axis.server.EJBProvider"
/>
    <parameter name="beanJndiName"
value="java:comp/env/ejb/UppercaseService" />

    <parameter name="homeInterfaceName"
value="ch.isbiel.oois.demo.UppercaseServ
iceLocalHome" />

Excerpt from UppercaseServiceBean:
/**
 * @ejb:bean name="UppercaseService" type="Stateless"
display-name="UppercaseServiceEJB" view-type="local"
local-jndi-name="local/oois/demo/UppercaseService"
 * @ejb:interface generate="local"
 * @ejb:util generate="logical"
 */
public class UppercaseServiceBean implements SessionBean {