At 18:49 06/09/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>One of the most requested features is now in "head" (along with some
>bugfixes and some nice deployment structure changes that remove the
>dependency of
>AxisService to the WebContainer).
>
>Axis will go 1.0 in a week or so which should be trivial to incorporate then.
>
>Are there any special backport requirements? Otherwise, I would go
>reintegrating it into 3.2, then.
>
>Best,
>CGJ
>

>###########################################

Christoph and Friederich,

thanks for getting this out guys! I tried it in jetty, and it looked nice.
I tried it in tomcat and it crashed here:

2002-09-09 15:33:55,674
INFO  [org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] deploy,
ctxPath=/jboss-net,
warUrl=file:/D:/jboss-src/jboss-all/build/output/jboss-4.0.0alpha/server/default/deploy/jboss-net.sar/jboss-net.war/
2002-09-09 15:33:55,684 ERROR
[org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] Error during deploy
java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX.createWebContext(EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX.java:389)
         at
org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX.performDeploy(EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX.java:331)
         at
org.jboss.web.AbstractWebContainer.start(AbstractWebContainer.java:468)

I don't have time to look at this any more today, but wanted any initial
thoughts you might have, and I can hopefully get it sorted tomorrow.

cheers,

Bruce

Dr. Bruce Scharlau
Dept. of Computing Science