Bruce,

That is strange. Could you please try to debug the exact Null variable that
causes the Exception. In EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX, it says:

  private void createWebContext(final WebApplication appInfo, URL warUrl,
      final WebDescriptorParser webAppParser) throws Exception
   {
      ClassLoader loader = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
      WebMetaData metaData = appInfo.getMetaData();
      String ctxPath = metaData.getContextRoot();
      appInfo.setName(warUrl.getPath());
      appInfo.setClassLoader(loader);
      appInfo.setURL(warUrl);
      final StandardContext context = (StandardContext)
catalina.createContext(ctxPath, warUrl.getFile());

The last line being the exception-raising 354 one after my count. If warUrl
would be null, then it should already crash at 351, shouldn´t it? If
catalina would be null, my guess is that the whole service would be flawed
... Can you get any other web application to run under catalina? What about
the management-console?

It would be a tremendous help if you could find out what jboss-net.war in
sar makes different to other services (and IMHO it should work with the
compressed version, too, maybe you need to compress both the war/wsr
ingredients and the jboss-net.sar?

Puzzled,
CGJ