Hi Scott,

Yeh, we could do this, but see later.

There is no real reason why this shouldn't be a valid ObjectName
jboss.j2ee:service=Ejb,jndi-name=java:/blah
other than the spec of course.
Only the first : has any relevence for parsing.

The other reserved characters =*, are similar although ,
can't be included in a value because it is the terminator.

For interoperability with other JMX implementations we can
do the escaping during serialization/deserialzation.

BUT, if everthing goes to plan, the 1.5 JREs will include
javax.management.ObjectName.class and it will be Sun's implementation.

Maybe we should sub-class, but that has difficulties
when it comes to interoperability.

Regards,
Adrian