Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on resolving Bug #613360 (see
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=613360&group_id=22866 ).

I have an implementation issue with the EJB Spec Section 10.6.14:

"The Bean Provider should not use reserved identifiers as ejb-names or
abstract-schema-names. Reserved identifiers are discussed in Section
11.2.6.1."

Even more restrictive is section 10.3.13:

"The ejb-name must be a valid Java identifier"

This explicitly disallows something which is quite popular today, e.g.

        <ejb-name>org/jboss/ABean</ejb-name>

Thus possibly a lot of deployments will break.

If you take the spec literally this only applies to CMP 2.0 Entity Beans
(the other sections don't talk about <ejb-name> element a lot, the DTD
only talks about <ejb-name> being restricted to the XML 1.0 'NMTOKEN'
specification).

I need a handcount as to how restrictive should JBoss be, please check
one of the options below:

[ ] <ejb-name> should be restricted as specified above for ALL EJB's
[ ] <ejb-name> should be restricted as above ONLY for CMP 2.0 Entity
Beans

My vote is to enforce these restrictions for ALL beans. A lot easier to
implement and it has the advantage of being consistent throughout JBoss.
Consistency is a Good Thing(tm).

Regards + thanks for your input,
        Christian