Bugs item #616546, was opened at 2002-09-30 15:48
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=616546&group_id=22866

Category: JBossMX
Group: v3.2

Initial Comment:

JBoss 3.0.x, 3.2.0beta2, Solaris (concerns all
platforms).

I try to read the ManagedConnectionFactoryProperties
of a data source using MEJB (jsr77), but

Management management = getManagementMEJB();
management.getAttribute(
dataSourceName, "ManagedConnectionFactoryPropertie
s" );

results in a "NotSerializableException", because neither
the Crimson nor the Xerces implementation of
org.w3c.dom.Element is serializable.

In general, all attributes exposed by MBeans should be
serializable, otherwise they are not accessible through
MEJB.

Exposing XML fragments in an MBean may be
convenient for the programmer, but is of little use for the
clients.

Regards
Georg