Scott,

  Please excuse my ignorance of the details of RMI...

> Well apparently the closure of the referenced object graph is including
> QName due to an object holding onto an XML element or the like, and
> the client and server don't agree on the definition of
javax.xml.namespace.QName.

Is this the object graph on the server side?  In other words, the response
object graph?

The response object is really just a glorified Vector of Strings.  Now it is
possible, perhaps, but unlikely, that some server-side parser holds a
reference to these String objects.  But why should that matter?  Objects
that have a reference to the response object shouldn't be in the graph,
right?  Only the objects that the responce refers to are relevant.

Should I assume that RMI is the easiest way to get this done?

> the client and server don't agree on the definition of
javax.xml.namespace.QName.

This is also strange to me since I am fairly sure that the client and server
are using identical copies of jaxrpc.jar.  Is there an easy way to debug
this?

  - Matt

Well apparently the closure of the referenced object graph is including
QName due to an object holding onto an XML element or the like, and
the client and server don't agree on the definition of
javax.xml.namespace.QName.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scott Stark
Chief Technology Officer