-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of David
Jencks
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 8:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-dev] 3 Transactions?

On 2002.11.26 22:26:30 -0500 Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> OK we have a transaction associated with the thread, each invocation
> and the each context has a transaction (very confusing).  Once we get
> by the tx interceptor should all of these be the same thing?
yes (at least the thread and invocation, I don't know about the context,
isn't that a UserTx, which is almost completely unrelated?)

 If we are
> suspending the transaction for the invocation (Not Supported) should
> the ctx and invocation tx be null or just a suspended transaction?

Invocation should have null.  You shouldn't be able to tell if there was a
tx associated "upstream".

IMO the invocation is the "master" and the threadlocal is there in case you
can't get to the invocation (such as in the jca stuff).  So the tx
interceptor needs to figure out what the current tx actually is, and make
sure the txManager knows it so it can supply it per thread.

david jencks