At 18:48 05.12.2002 -0600, Weiqi Gao wrote:
Anatoly Akkerman wrote:

> Must be the Tyrex jar expects a different version of log4j
> than supplied by JBoss. You might need to adjust Tyrex
> sources and recompile it.

Is this recommended approach for using third party software with JBoss?
Adjust the sources and recompile?  What if the source is not available?

Apparently Tyrex is still using log4j 1.0. The change causing the
problem is documented. From log4j's HISTORY file:

 February 23, 2001

 - Release of version 1.1b1

 - The FileAppender has been split into three parts: WriterAppender,
   ConsoleAppender and FileAppender. ConsoleAppender takes over the
   console logging functionality of FileAppender. As a result support for
   stream and console printing has been deprecated in FileAppender. [**]

To correct the problem, it is sufficient to use WriterAppender instead
of FileAppender. (It is a trivial change but that is easy for me to
say.)

--
Weiqi Gao
Ceki