> torsdagen den 12 december 2002 kl 16.01 skrev Holger Baxmann:
>
>> embedded systems constits normally of many - some 1...k - devices,
>> clustering comes to my mind ...
>
> Yes - but lets try break embedded down some, to devise's that use a
> "Mobile Phone Wire" and device's using a "SBC (SingleBoardComputer)
> LAN/WiFI", generally speaking the "Mobile Phone Wire" device will need
> to have much thinner applications in the near foreseeable future
> compared to a "SBC LAN/WiFi" device (also then consider a "Mobile Phone
> Wire" device bridging through BlueThooth to a "SBC LAN/WiFI" or a "SBC
> using a "Mobile Phone Wire""). Running a jboss-client on a embedded
> linux SBC device or full stack JBoss for that matter can be done today
> - again - depending on CPU and memory constraints of Your targeted
> (soldered) device together with the chosen OS/VM.

according to the laws - yes, murphys too - the cpu/mem/bandwith problem
doesn't influence the progress of things: it is envolving independend.

what i am talking about is that a jboss-client should run on any halfway
intelligent device, for example my wrist watch. jboss containers should run
on any device which has an idle loop :)

>> real-time, btw, does not mean 'very fast' rather it is about
>> predictable
>> time frames - with timestamping of tx's (databases not involved here)
>> even
>> this should be possible ...
>
> "A definition of Real Time is how long it takes for something to
> complete"
> -Don Norman
>
> ;-)

great - i like this 8-)

>> [signing and gps comes in view ...]
>
> Yes - it is cool ...
> - With signing the Telco's will become banks.

you ever heard of the tobin tax?

> - GPS (positioning) can be had here (Stockholm) today depending on Your
> operator's ("Phone Wire" ISP) service.

do not really understand - gps timestamping is availabe like fresh air,
mostly, nearly.

bax