James,

> We called it our "Groove Killer" but never got enough $$ after 9-11 to
> launch it full scale. I'd like to rewrite the framework I built our
> product on using Jboss and open source it. Something like Eclipse but
> not so IDE-centric in focus. Anyway, it modeled the EJB lifecycle for

You might be interested to know that the release plan for eclipse 2.2 includes a
separation of the IDE concern from the Application Framework concern.  Although it is
possible now to use Eclipse as a non-IDE platform, I believe that they are going to
support this officially, perhaps even providing a separate download just for the
application framework component.

  - Matt