From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of James Higginbotham
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 11:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [JBoss-dev] Jboss + Junit?

Bill,

Thanks for the tip, this is some interesting stuff.. I was thinking of taking it one step further and constructing a TestRunner that is really an mbean. So, you could in fact deploy your ear, a jar with the unit tests, then through the console run a single class's tests.. I haven't quite figured out how to run more than one without writing either a custom deployer and use some extension like .junit for the jar of test class(es) or having the mbean querying the respository and finding all *Test classes deployed. This way, the test can actually be on the server side and invoke local methods. You could also hot deploy your ear and your unit tests and run them again without shutting down. Thoughts? Is this in there and I just missed it? Or, do I just have way too much time to think about applications of JBoss? I'm just tired of the same ol' J2EE applications I guess.... I really like the JBossTestSetup and assoc classes - really nice!

James