On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Scott M Stark wrote:

> A 3.0.5 pre-release has been made available for testing. The primary purpse
> is to get feedback about the latest class loader changes made to address
> the outstanding IllegalAccessErrors. If you have experienced problems
> with IllegalAccessErrors or LinkageErrors please try this version or the
> 3.2.0beta3 version. Both are available from SourceForge here:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22866
>
> If you experience any class loading related problems follow the bug
> reporting proceedure described in the release notes:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=129789

Downloaded the 3.0.5RC1-tomcat4.1.18 version.  Unpacked.  did bin/run.sh.  Got
this error:

17:58:11,026 ERROR [MainDeployer] could not create deployment:
file:/home.local/adam/brainfood/jboss/3.0.5rc1/server/default/conf/jboss-servi
ce.xml
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: instantiating
org.jboss.varia.property.PropertyEditorManagerService failed:
java.lang.NoClassDefFou
ndError: org/jboss/net/protocol/jar/Handler (wrong name:
org/jboss/varia/property/PropertyEditorManagerService); - nested throwable:
(Runtime
ErrorException: instantiating
org.jboss.varia.property.PropertyEditorManagerService failed:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/net/pro
tocol/jar/Handler (wrong name:
org/jboss/varia/property/PropertyEditorManagerService)
Cause: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/net/protocol/jar/Handler
(wrong name: org/jboss/varia/property/PropertyEditorManagerService)
)

Running this shell snippet:

for a in `find -name '*.jar'`;do if unzip -lv $a  |grep
org/jboss/net/protocol;then echo $a;fi;done

Find something about an njar handler, but no jar handler.

So, for me, 3.0.5RC1 is dead in the water.