On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Sacha Labourey wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Yesterday I commited a BeanShell (BSH, www.beanshell.org) sub-deployer in
> HEAD. It is in module varia and you can find its lib in
> varia/output/lib/bsh-deployer.sar.
>
> It allows you to hot-deploy *.bsh files in /deploy.
>
> [snip]

/me goes looking for a towel, as his monitor just got all sticky.

This is EXTREMELY cool.  We can now support upgrades of whatever, which means
fixing databases(adding/remove fields, fixing data), and various other things.

If something like this could also be added to J2EE deployments(in META-INF
dirs), then I'd be even more excited.