Bugs item #665008, was opened at 2003-01-09 13:16
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=665008&group_id=22866

Category: JBossCMP
Group: v3.2

Initial Comment:
Hi,

apparently cache-lists are not cleared correctly.

In my case I used JB3.2b3 but it is the same with 3.0.4.
My OS: WinXP, JDK 1.4.1_01
Yes, I have the CMP docs ... ;-)

Here my standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml settings:

      <read-ahead>
        <strategy>on-find</strategy>
        <page-size>500</page-size>
        <eager-load-group>*</eager-load-group>
      </read-ahead>

      <list-cache-max>1000</list-cache-max>

I use commit-option B, instance per transaction
configuration for my CMP EJB's.

When you execute a finder (in my case a dynamic EJB-QL
finder) JBossCMP uses the read-ahead mechanism to
optimize loading. So far, so good.

For example three entites A, B and C.

A's relationship to B is (A) 1-n (B) with a foreign-key.
B's relationship to C is (B) n-1 (C) with a foreign-key.

The B entities are read-ahead correctly.

Now, the second case:

Three entites D, E and B.

D's relationship to E is (D) 1-n (E) with a foreign-key.
B's relationship to E is (E) n-1 (B) with a foreign-key.

When you execute a finder on D the cache-lists from the
first finder execution are used!

I noticed, that read-ahead is only working for 1-n
relationships :-(, not for n-1 (is it a bug ? Anyway,
I'll submit it). So normally you should get a query for
each B, which is the case if you do not execute the
first query, but if you do it, the B's are read-ahead
corresponding to the cache-lists of the first query!?

I hope that I explained everything enough.

TX
Markus